-----Original Message-----
From: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of David Roden
(Akron OH USA)
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 9:54 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) walk behind electric tractor?

On 14 Feb 2003 at 11:07, SteveS wrote:

> Reminds me of the old "Peak IHF Music Power Rating" for advertising power
out
> on early stereo amps! (or do I date myself?)

No more than I date myself, 'cause I remember it too.  Peak IHF Music Power
was, IIRC, one channel driven at 1kHz with astronomical distortion, with
all
the waveform jiggery-pokery.   And probably with the operator reading the
meter while standing at about a 60 degree angle to the left (so the needle
looked like it was reading higher).

And what do you know -- it seems to have resurfaced as the PMPO ("peak
music
power output") rating now given to cheap amplified computer speakers.

> Before you get too excited, it's 1/2 hp folks.

Also -- is it for real?  The web page says "Our first production lot of
this
product is scheduled to be available in the early spring of 2001."  Either
they haven't updated the web page in about 3 years, or the introduction
date
has, shall we say, slipped a bit.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all

thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.

Est. yearly US cost to safeguard Persian Gulf oil supply: $50 billion

Est. 2001 value of US crude oil imports from Persian Gulf: $19 billion
                                -- Harper's Index, April 2002