(ET) wood splitter

My company has a "Super Splitter" (not sure which model), and it works well.  It has a large flywheel which provides the mechanical interia to slam the wedge thru some pretty big wood.  We have split about 20 face cords a year for ten years with one, and it shows no signs of slowing down.

I would guess that a fairly large 36 v elctric motor (like a ET snow blower?) would probably work fine on one of these.

Another possibility is an "electric over hydraulic" splitter.  I have a bucket loader for my ET which uses a 36v motor running off the PTO socket on the ET to power a hydraulic pump and bucketloader.  There's no reason the power unit couldn't be used to power a standard wood splitter.  I can't identify the motor except to say it is automotive starter motor sized - perhaps a golf cart drive motor?  If the circuits were designed so that the electric motor only ran on demand (not constant), the unit probably would spilt quite a bit on a charge.

Northern Tool  (http://www.northerntool.com/) carries cylinders, pumps, valves and brackets.  It would probably not be a huge deal to adapt an electric motor (the snow blower motor?) to a standard bracket and coupler for a pump.  It sure would be convenient to tow your splitter out of the barn and just plug it in.

By the way, I just saw in some catalog - I think Northern Tool, an add on 300 lb capacity bucket loader for ATV's - electric/hydraulic!!  Of course, 12 volt, but it might work.  However, I can't find it on the web site.  If I do run across it, I will post a stock #.