Re: (ET) Snow!

Thanks for the thoughts.  No doubt I was handicapped by several problems,
not the least of which was that I had no idea what I was doing.  Being
somewhat stubborn (I'd rather shovel than start a gas engine), I'd never
run
a snow thrower of any kind.  So, yes, I was probably afraid to push ahead
too fast.  I'd read somewhere that I was supposed to use LL gear for snow
throwing, so the tractor was just barely crawling.

"Lightly rusted" doesn't quite tell the story for me.  There's plenty of
fairly heavy rust in my snow thrower.  But I just went through the strip,
sandblast, and paint routine with the mower deck last summer.  I don't
know
that I'm quite ready to do it with the snow thrower yet!

What I wanted to use to paint the mower deck was spray-on epoxy pickup
truck
bedliner -- not the rubbery stuff, the really hard material.  I've used
this
to line battery boxes in EVs.  It makes them almost 100% acid proof and
lasts just about forever.  But I couldn't find anyone willing to open a
can
of material just to do my mower deck.

I ended up using epoxy primer and polyurethane paint.  It was a bit
expensive (not as much as the PU truck bedliner would have been), but I
hope
it will last a long time.  I won't know for a couple of years how it's
holding up, so I don't know that I should recommend it.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all

thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.

Est. yearly US cost to safeguard Persian Gulf oil supply: $50 billion

Est. 2001 value of US crude oil imports from Persian Gulf: $19 billion
                                -- Harper's Index, April 2002