(ET) Replaced the front axle

Well after an afternoon of busting knuckes, I finally managed to replace
the
front axle for my E20.

The toughest part actually was taking off the circlips, removing the
wheelpin assemblies and clearing out the grease. One axle was badly rusted,
fortunately it was the same as the one of mine that worked. I kept the
steering linkages from my axle; much better shape.

Reassembly just takes time. Note that when you go to grease the front end,
there are five points. One on the center of the axle beam, one on each
steering bearing, and one on each wheel.

One problem I ran into was that I could not get grease to go into the
center
assembly. Is it possible for those fittings to jam or something? I greased
it before assembly, but something tells me I am going to have to take it
apart to see what is going wrong.

Thanks to the list for having someone sell me a front axle assembly from a
rusting tractor. And as a point, go out and grease all of your front end
*before* something galls up.

Chris