(ET) old guy on fire, tractor smoking

To all who reacted and sent great ideas for barn door syndrome:
    I offer my sincere thanks.  After the 15th response to my damn fool
near tragedy,I have quit counting.
    Actually, I'll probably get it fixed and
safety rewired with a shielded fuse at the post(s) sooner rather than wait for freezing
weather to pass.  But not with the emergency disconnect lever wiggling limp, pitch dark, freezing cold, and smoke pouring out of both ends (of  the ET).
    Again my appreciation, and yes, 1/2" delrin will replace the cheap plywood in the seat hatch.  Ok, it's a long-chain-thermosetinig material, but battery posts will not go through it like ordinary plywood.
You are all stand-up individuals!
Paul Wood