RE: (ET) charger voltage

That's not all that far off.  36V into a low pack is GOOD.  You can only source so much current (20 A for the standard charger) and you have to overcome the pack resistance.  Think about it; if you had a dead pack it would probably take 400A to bring it to 36 V instantly (and that would kill something...).  In time, you should reach 42-45V.

Larry Elie

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Tickner [mailto:JeffT softlanding com]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 9:37 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) charger voltage

I was testing my charger to see if I had a problem with output voltage, I did it with the main disconnect out. I have recently replaced the capacitor and the diodes. I have a voltage drop across my diodes that seems unusual. I have 42V going into the diodes, but only 36V going out?

But if I let the pack charge, the charging voltage will reach 42V once the pack is charged up...

I have a diode bridge that I used instead of the stock diodes. I got it from a friend with a couple 36V EVs (Commutacar and Lectric Leopard) and he assured me it was well above specifications.

Thanks

Jeff Tickner
Technical Support
800-545-9485, Ext 536