Re: (ET) Battery help needed

I agree with most everyone's comments on batteries with a few exceptions.  If the tractor is not working at all and requires major rewiring, then used batteries sound like a good idea.  Otherwise, I think used batteries are marginal at best.  It is hard to tell what shape they are in and if just one of them is bad it limits the performance of the entire set.

I purchased a set of 220 amp hour batteries from Batteries Plus.  They gave me a small discount to $58 each.  I could have special ordered trojens for the same price but I took the Exide batteries they had in stock - (http://www.batteriesplus.com/Product/flscrubswpgolf.html)

I had to cut the screw posts off the top and modify the vent caps.  They have a neat system where you remove all caps with one twist.  They get in the way of the battery cover so I had to cut them off.  You have to be very carefull to avoid getting iron filings into the battery.  Sveral hours work total.

If I had known about Sam's club $40 batteries I would have gone that way in a heart beat.  I have used it for over 2 years.  Mowing 1 acre I dicharge the batteries 30%.  Plowing and or snow blowing a 200 foot drive has not been a problem.

Good Luck

Rob Brockway

 Ken Olum <kdo cosmos phy tufts edu> wrote:

Another thing to watch out for is that if your batteries have
combination posts (an automotive post with a threaded rod sticking up
from it), as my T-105s did, you may have to cut off the threaded rods
to get them to fit under the seat.

Ken

Do you Yahoo!?