From: "Bob Murcek" <rmurcek geisinger edu>
To: <>; <ssawtelle fcc net>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) more snow thrower motor

I don't know if it could happen in this case, but I once had a similar
problem because I accidentally rotated the brush assembly 180 degrees.
Sounds like the straps would make that difficult, though.

>>> "SteveS" <ssawtelle fcc net> 11/21/2002 9:39:42 AM >>>
I received 4-5 replies off list (trying not to embarrass me?) reminding me
that you can't just reverse the 'end' connections on a series wound motor.
Thanks all - pretty clear now that I think about it. The odd thing though
is
why it's going backwards. The amature connections are made by external
straps going to the external connections for the field windings. To reverse
the armature connections I guess I need to use jumper wires to criss-cross
the armature connections. I'll give that a try.

Experience is a great teaching aid.

Thanks again,

SteveS
E12S