(ET) Problems with my E15, Need a little help

Hi all I am having a problem with my E15

When I push the control lever all the way up it starts to move and then
all of a sudden the usage meter pegs and it slows way down.  It does not
mater what gear I put it in the same thing happens.  If I push the
control lever only a little ways up it runs fine.

A little background  It has been running fine,  I was mowing grass and
the battery charge meter was getting near the bottom side.  Still in the
green with no load.  Then all of a sudden with a little click, it just
stopped.  I disconnected the power switch, and turned the key of and
looked for a circuit breaker to reset.  Did not find one.  Then I tried
to start it again, and it ran ok in all but the top end of the control
switch.

I am a real novice at this Electrak thing so please that in mind when
explaining what I need to do to trouble shoot and fix.  I do know the
basics of using a VO Meter and how to solder.

My gut felling is that some thing controlling the Electric flow is
shorting on the wide open side

By the way that little red button labeled 40 under the hood on the back
of the dash board.  Is that a fuse or a circuit breaker reset.  It did
not feel like a reset switch (don't feel like it was depressing any
thing, was not popped out etc) and I could not figure out how to open it
if it was a fuse.  That is I tried to turn it but it did not turn.