Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 8:00 AM
Subject: (ET) traced the Hot short to the frame

E15
Well I found the hot short.   I have the privledge of having a weather cab (with side curtains for winter) and there is a windshield wiper.  Yes, the windshield wiper was shorting out.  why after all this time?  I changed the ground location to a screw on the body of the wiper mechanicals and wala, it works and no short.
But now, when I turn the power disconnect ON,  the motor starts.  with the key off.  The only items I replaced was the power regulator and the reverse relay ( thought the relay could have been a problem) otherwise checking each and every @#%$#&^$ wire and place where it could  chafe.
Tonight when the weather cools, I will put the old relay back, unless someone has an idea as to why power would go to the motor with the key off.  I have made no other changes to the system
thanks
bill from Maine