Re: (ET) Rotary inverter on ebay...

Keep in mind that with rotary inverters, there's a fairly
good tolerance for short bursts of start-up/overload.
Just so you don't expect to sustain the overload for
very long....

So it may or may not work. I have the same problem, as I want to use mine
(and they are nice!) rotary inverter to do just want you want, as I'm
having
a tough time finding a vintage GE Elec-Trak chainsaw. I was going to buy
one
of the smaller 110V electric chainsaw just to be safe (plus I don't have
big
trees to cut).

One of the problems I've observed with my smaller
e-chainsaw (Remington) is that the motor just feels
a little short changed with respect to windings---
that in turn reduces both power and efficiency for
a given load. The up side is that the weight is very
low!  My larger Craftsman chainsaw has the same
"12 amp" rating stamp (I believe), but it's really
a lot more capable and efficient because of the
bigger motor.... on a side note, I was curious if
anyone has found a larger electric chainsaw than
the standard US offerings...possibly a European
220v make.

/wk