[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(ET) E-12 with shunt motors and speed controls with blocked off positions.
- Subject: (ET) E-12 with shunt motors and speed controls with blocked off positions.
- From: "Steven Naugler" <snaugler earthlink net>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:17:59 -0400
- References: <sd455133 093 GHSGWIANW2 GEISINGER EDU> <004601c23730$f0865ad0$780910ac aaas org>
- Reply-to: "Steven Naugler" <snaugler earthlink net>
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Early E-12s came with permag motors. Per Bill Gunn the permag motors lost
their magnetization so General Electric started using a shunt wound motor
the E-12s. Bill called one of those models an E-12S, although I don't know
if that was the official designation from GE or Bill Gunn's own
I almost bought an E-14 once, but the owner had an inflated view as to its
value ($400 10 years ago needing some repair). It essentially was an E-12
with the shunt motor.
Also, GE did not make a special speed controller fot the E-12. They did
the E-15 control with the welded plate blocking off the higher speed
positions. With some effort any E-12 with a shunt traction motor could be
turned into an E-15.
snaugler earthlink net