Re: (ET) Fine Control

Interesting.  If the upper positions are just for field-weakening, there's
probably a good chance that a clever person could add the weakening
controls from a 20 to a 12.

>>> "Christopher Zach" <czach computer org> 7/29/2002 2:07:00 PM >>>
Well, they used the same physical tractor parts, but the speed control is a
truncated version of the one used on the E20. Unlike the E20, there is no
FW
circuit, the field is basically wired into the main power (full field all
the time) and all of the extra relays just aren't in there. Result is a
simple system with no high-end speed avail, and thus the 30 cent welded
plate as opposed to building a whole new part.

Chris