From: Darryl McMahon [mailto:darryl econogics com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 9:52 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Self-healing ET

Well, the more I get to know my E12, the more I like these machines.

Yesterday, I had the tiller on ready to add to the garden.  (I don't much
care for
lawns - waste of productive land) and due to lack of commitment from other
family
members, I found myself mowing (with a corded electric mower - the amount
of lawn
we have now just doesn't justify mounting the mower deck on the ET).

Well, that's all it took to convince me that the strawberries need some
space - so
some lawn had to go.  Got to the end of the row - and no reverse.  I
fiddled with
all the switches, wires and connections that seemed logical to me, to no
avail.
Well, it was too hot to lug tools and service manual to the machine and
play in the
full sun, so I parked it.  Today was cooler, so out I went, only to find
that
reverse is working just fine.  Self-healing tractor - got to like that
<grin>, and
smart enough to know that yesterday was just too hot to work in the sun
(smarter
than me I guess).

Now, if I can just get the HC-05 cultivator running, maybe I can get ahead
of the
weeds.

Darryl McMahon          48 Tarquin Crescent,
Econogics, Inc.         Nepean, Ontario K2H 8J8
 It's your planet.      Voice: (613)784-0655
 If you won't look      Fax:   (613)828-3199
 after it, who will?    http://www.econogics.com/