From: SteveS [mailto:ssawtelle fcc net]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 8:52 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Solid state controls

It probably was hydrostatic, many higher end mowers use it and they are
nice. I've been wondering what it would be like to couple the ET motor to a
hydrostatic transmission. I don't know much about them, though - I fear the
hydrostatic isn't very efficient, since I assume it must 'dump' pressure
when you are at less than full speed. I bet one of you can enlighten us on
this.

On solid state controls, what kind of electronic control would be
appropriate for the motor type we have (compound, right?).  Do you PWM the
armature current, or what? 'Course, as has been mentioned, the present
arrangement is real efficient - when the throttle is full on.

SteveS
E12S