RE: (ET) Battery Question

Dennis,

 His batteries may be reaching the end of their life. If he leaves the two
batteries in parallel all the time they will discharge each other. This
will
cause a decrease in life of the batteries.

I recommend replacing the batteries, paralleling them only when racing and
use a charger on each battery to speed the recharge time.

 I that fails, find the biggest battery that is rated for this service. In
this case I would think Gel cells might be the way to go. But you need to
research that. Vibration and G force might/would mess up a large wet cell
and may be dangerous. I wonder what kind of batteries NASCAR uses?

If a larger battery is found buy two, race one and charge one. Swap between
races if needed.

  Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378 Phone 812-855-5367 hazen indiana edu
http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/ Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net
IP Phone 317.278.4014   Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.