(ET) My new E-15

Well, I opened it up and took a look.  Generally quite good condition. The
little 3-fuse holder is somewhat corroded; I cleaned it but probably
should replace it.  I plugged it in (there are no batteries) and after
some hesitation it actually moved!  It wouldn't get out of the 2nd speed
tho - the 2A relay is not cutting in.  At that point I noticed that the
voltage across the 1A and L coils was a little over 20 volts - rather low.

I checked the accessory plug and it was low too.  This sounds like a bad
charger - I checked and one diode seems to be bad.  I pulled the charger
and on Monday I'll go down to the electronics store and pick up a couple
of big stud-mount diodes.  I wonder if the low voltage could be why 2A
isn't activating?

thanks,

Steve Gaarder