(ET) New rollers on mower deck don't turn

Hi ET folks,

I recently replaced the wooden rollers on the rear of my E-15 front mounted mower deck, and they don't roll well.  The old ones did roll well.

I saw in a recent post a trick, supposedly recommended by Bill Gunn, to allow the rollers to turn more freely.  I just can't remember what that technique was.

Can someone post what that technique was so that I can use it before my rollers are worn all on one side?

Steve Naugler
snaugler earthlink net