Re: (ET) Lights

"David Roden (Akron OH USA)" wrote:

> On 30 Apr 2002 at 8:49, Jeremy Gagliardi com wrote:
>
> > Three 12V bulbs wired in series with a 36V power source would be dim?
> >

> If you're going to put three 12v bulbs in series, they have to all be the
> same type (or at least all use the same amount of current).  Thus they
> will
> all be about the same brightness.  A bult that's bright enough for a
> headlight will (I think) be too bright for a panel light; one that's
> about
> right for a panel light will be way too dim to be a headlight.
>
> The idea of two-fore-and-one-aft sounds good, though.

My idea was to use a 12V headlight bulb at the console, same at front,
but it would be enclosed in the same kind of downward light director
that the smaller bulb used so all the light shines down on the console,
not up in the driver's face.

I had also thought about using the 3rd (identical) bulb in a
taillight--the only difference would be that it would have a red filter
over it.

--
 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com