(ET) Enough to drve me batty!

Last year I acquired an extra mower deck. It was in much better condition
than the one that came with my E-12. I checked it over and noticed it
had the baffles for rear discharge and seemed to run very well. BUT it
would never cut level. I spent hours in the garage on a level floor
adjusting it to make the cut level. Never happened. I finally went back
to using the old deck because it was level.
Today I decided to move the baffles over to the old deck to make it
rear discharge. When I turned the new deck over to get to them I found
the problem. Some when in the past the rear wooden roller must have
rotted out and was replaced, With a wooden BASEBALL bat. It had been cut
in
the correct lengths and drilled to go on the rod then the barrel of the
bat was put on and each part had been put on as they were cut off.
The effect was a 3 1/2" roller on one end and a 1" roller on the
other.  I am in the process of changing rollers.
Just thought everyone might need a good laugh today.

MartyC

=====
The road through life is often long and difficult,but it is always a short
trip.