Re: (ET) air compressor

Steve,

Here's something to think about if you want a portable one:  look for a tiller or snow thrower motor for the compressor that you have.  Those motors are around 2 1/2 horsepower.  See if anyone has a good motor on a junk tiller or thrower. That would be a good unit!

Gary Woodard

  SteveS <ssawtelle fcc net> wrote:

Ok here's something to think about....

The motor went out on my shop compressor and I need some kind of replacement. Something between one of those cheap, noisy 12V jobs and a real 2hp piston compressor. Then I was thinking - it would be nice to have it run off 36VDC and small enough to cart around on the elec-trak.

Any ideas? If nothing else a really good 12V unit would work (anyone recommend one?)

I saw something pretty close at http://www.oasis-off-road.com/ that can run off 24V, but too much $$$$.

SteveS
E12S

Do You Yahoo!?