Re: (ET) Acquiring E15 - Questions

Has anyone fit a larger steering wheel (3/4" shaft)?  I want my wife to
enjoy driving this tractor, too.

Thanks,
Andy

From Lee:

Hey Andy:

I think somebody has already mentioned this but I'll do it again for emphasis. One of the few maintenance jobs I do on my tractor is grease the front end. If I let that go the steering gets noticably much harder. It always amazes me how much difference it makes on ease of steering. (It's easier to grease it if you jack the front end off the ground a little.)

Also, check the alignment. I ran my tractor (one front wheel) into a tree once and bent one of the pinion (?) bolts, which made it harder to steer. Adjusting the tie rod fixed it.