RE: (ET) Tool receptacle

Drill out the rivets and install a three prong twist lock.

  Dwight

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Zach [mailto:czach computer org]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 7:19 PM
To: Gary Woodard; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Tool receptacle

It's actually a 20amp 250 volt two prong Hubbel plug, and that is the
trick:

No one stocks two prong plugs anymore.

When I brought it to the first supply house, they went "wow, you should
replace that". Without a ground, the plug pretty much fails every class of
NEC code. Kind of how you will not find two prong electrical outlets
anymore; installing one is pretty much a violation of current NEC codes.

That said, they directed me to another place where the manager had one of
these plugs sitting in his desk. Part of a incorrect order years back; it
works perfectly.

Chris