Re: (ET) Wheel Horse tractors

Hey Guys,

In case no one has answered this yet: the only mid mount WH that I know of in a FULL size tractor (like the 12, 15 or 20 ETGE) is the E-141. This is the last of the electric WH and was built on the gas frame with clutch and all. They used 2 banks of 12v (6 all told) bats and was quite squirrely. I am converting mine to 6v single bank (6) which requires making room for the taller bats. Not as easy as it sounds. Welding, cutting, TIME etc.  This tractor takes the WH mid mount mower (same as the front mount but a little heavier duty) and their great mid mount grader blade. It lacks the front lift strap. It has 8 forward speeds and 2 reverse (2 ranges) The motor runs full time at a constant speed,

Hope this helps

Jim (fiskfarm)

Gary Woodard wrote:

 Eric,

It would have been in the B-145 model group for a Wheel Horse, similar to the E12-M, however I'm not sure if they made one in that size. The only one my l976 Wheel Horse (Bulletin No. A-1404) literature shows with a mid mount, is the A-85, which is similar to, but smaller than the E-8 GE ElecTrak. More like the John Deere E-90, however, I'm not sure of the cutting width or the power to the deck. The GE  E-8 has it's own individual motors for both blades. The others may have a single motor driving both blades by belt like a regular IC driven mower.

Gary W.

  Eric Miller <ewmiller erols com> wrote:

 Does any one know if Wheel Horse made an mid-mounted electric tractor? If they did what model did they call it? I'm interested in finding one to refurbish for a friend who likes the old Wheel Horses but has never had an electric one.    Eric

Do You Yahoo!?