(ET) Tapping your pack for different battery voltages.

I think we all understand that discharging any cells out or order in our
ElecTrak battery pack is not good for the long term health of the pack. But
I wonder just how much would anyone will use the lift motor? Come on, how
could you get even one amp hour of usage on your 18v tap during one mowing
discharge cycle? The head lights could use about 10 amp hours if you used
the tractor for two hours with the lights on. But this is a 220 amp hour
battery pack that we are tapping into!

I am not sure spending hundreds of dollars to fix this problem is worth it.
If you want to spend money just get all new batteries! You will be
suppressed how much better the tractor will perform. Also rotating your
batteries in the tractor may be a good thing, if not just for the fact that
you will be forced to clean up the connections.

Has everyone noticed how much faster you batteries go down now that cold
weather has arrived and the mowing mulching season is in full swing?
Mulching backwards makes dry leaves disappear! If I need to mulch a big
pile
I just back into it and raise the back of the deck so the leaves will go
under the deck to meet their fate.

 Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378 Phone 812-855-5367 hazen indiana edu
http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/ Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net