Re: (ET) Wanted Information on GE electric tractors

Dwayne,

The transmission is a Peerless-Tecumseh tranny. Even if you take the axles
off, it's still more than 8" wide! You can find a parts diagram for the
transmission at http://www.elec-trak.org, under Resources, see GE
Elec-Trak Parts Manual, you'll want the one for the E20.

Don

>>> "Fallenhunter" <fallenhunter neo rr com> 08/22/01 11:04AM >>>
Greetings,

My first post here, so let me explain a bit.

I am looking at buying (sorry folks, until I decide, I am not telling
where its at or who has it for sale) a GE model 20 electric tractor.

Price is right, $150, with dozer blade and mowing deck.

Now, I want to take it apart, and use the drive train for a scale
model train (1.5" scale or so).

What I need is a diagram of the rear axle assembly, so I know if I
can successufully shorten the axle, or not. (It needs to be less than
8" across or so).

Can anyone supply a manual, photocopy or scan of the manual that has
such a diagram (exploded view of the inside of the rear axle).

Now, If I buy this, I will have no need of the body, mowing deck or
snow blade (but I might want the motors off the mowing deck, not
sure), I will be willing to sell the above parts at a fair price.

If I decide I cannot use this, I will post the info on the guy who
owns it and let you guys fight over who gets it. :)

Thanks,

Dwayne Miller
Newbie Member:
North East Ohio Live Steamers
Lester Rail Trail,
Medina County Metro Parks,
Medina County, Ohio, USA

Disclaimer:
Opinions expressed here are mine, they do not reflect the opinons or
policies of the NEOLS club.