(ET) Harry Landis Charge controller

To the list:

I still have more of the controllers. Somehow it appears I haven?t been getting all the messages. It might be a problem with Hotmail or with the website. Don checked out the feature and it worked fine. One message got waylaid by my Hotmail junk mail filter, but I don?t know why. So I put my email address in the ad so people can contact me directly. It looks like there are plenty of opinions and conflicting data on battery voltages under different circumstances and the proper regimen for charging. I have had good success with my charge controller, which only looks at the voltage of the pack with neither charging or load. If it is fully charged, it will stabilize after some hours at about 38 volts. Then the controller will turn on the charger a couple of times a day for about five minutes, which keeps it up and equalized. There was some discussion a year or so ago about whether 38 volts was the best voltage to use. I wasn?t persuaded to change my mind. But, in the interest of generating some more controversy, as well as some data, I propose the following: Everyone with a digital voltmeter, and a gas car which seems to have a fully functioning charging system and a good battery should go outside and measure the battery voltage right on the battery terminals, maybe at 1 hour intervals after shutting down the car. If everyone reports back, we should have plenty of data. I bet the majority will be around 12.66 volts. If so, that would mean 38 volts is about right. If anyone wants to do it year round, and keep track of the temperature, we will have yet more data. Mine reads 12.72, and I shut it down about an hour ago. And it is still pretty warm out there. It was around 95 degrees when I was driving it.