Re: RE: (ET) Carbon Monoxide While Charging?

I guess a worrisome possibility is that acid fumes are injuring the CO
detector as opposed to the detector confusing hydrogen and CO.

>>> "Elie, Larry (L.D.)" <lelie ford com> 7/23/2001 12:43:33 PM >>>
I charged an E12 for much of a winter in a garage below my daughter's
bedroom, in a fully enclosed basement garage.  The charger timer was
broken as well (worst case...) and there were NO ill effects.  The gas
fumes from a car in a garage is more worrisome (unless you charge
continuously) but you should provide a 'three hour' firewall (flame won't
go through for 3 hours) for a car at the least.  Most codes call for 5/8"
drywall or something like Armstrong 931 flame ceiling tile.

I charge under a porch now.

Larry Elie