Re: (ET) loose magnet

At 10:48 AM 7/5/01 -0400, you wrote:

>>Had a magnet come loose on one of my mower motors yesterday. Replaced
>>the whole thing, but I was wondering if anyone has tried epoxying that
>>sucker back into place with any success. Also, has anyone figured out
>>what causes them to come loose?

I have re-glued them with epoxy.

Moisture rusting the inside of the case can put pressure that tries to push
the  magnet away from the housing (rust is thicker than the original
metal).  Thermal cycling and vibration finish the job.

A friend has had them come loose when he hit a rock.

Dave

Dave  Tief.  N1WWY,  Addie Tief.  N1XQP
Tribble, Noodles, Cecil, Bandit and Magic.
Visit our web page at http://users.abac.com/dandatief
See the bunnies,  generators, and progress on the tractor and owner-builder
house