From: MR23 (Christopher M. Meier, Mpls, MN) [mailto:mr23 mn rr com]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 1:32 AM
To: Pestka, Dennis J; 'Elec-Trak Email Discussion List'
Subject: mower deck motors, bearings, was: Re: (ET) Weeder / Cultivator

I spoke with Bill Gunn last week, during our conversation (about mower
deck motors) he mentioned that the units are designed to have their
bearings replaced every 10 years.  This 'mentality' may explain why
the cultivator bearings may not be able to be externally lubed.

Has anyone also had bent mower deck motor shafts?  Have you
lived with them, or had the motor units rebuilt or replaced?  Since
my last discussion with Bill about bearings, I've checked my motors
and found they all 3 have bent shafts.  I need to get on the horn to
him again, and find out how much he wants for rebuilt motors, and
decide if I'm just going to re-bearing the one motor that has a stiff
and noisy bearing, or if I'll trade one or all 3 in for rebuilt units...

-Chris