(ET) Interesting & Good News

Talked to Bill Gunn for a while today, and have some interesting things to
pass on...

First, those Wheelhorses on Ebay were from Bill. They were sorta laying
around the shop, and he's been doing some cleanup.
Secondly, Bill told me today he is no longer seeking to sell his business.
This is some great news.
Third, Bill's been doing some cleaning up around the shop, getting rid of
stuff he never sells or sold. This too is good, as it makes life saner for
him.
Fourth, Bill has volunteered all his ET-related trivia items (supposedly a
BIG box full of interesting things) that he's accumulated over the years.
I will scan all the item, place them on the elec-trak.org site, and then
send the originals back to Bill.
Fifth, I've extended to Bill FREE advertising on the elec-trak.org site.
He didn't have an ad set up, so my next task is to put some things
together for him to approve. He even showed some interest in helping put
together some of the FAQ answers.
Sixth, Bill showed some interest in doing an online chat on the site this
Fall. Could be interesting.
Seventh, I offered in early fall to fly up and spend a day or two with
Bill, and work up an extensive interview on Bill and his business for the
www site. Bill thinks it's a good idea, and I'm excited about meeting "the
God of ET's".

I think Bill is grasping that fact that our ET's aren't something that
competes with typical gasoline home tractors. Is is, in fact, a enthusiast
group. I've honestly felt that he struggled with trying to "compete"
value-wise with ordinary tractors. The simple fact is that isn't happening
anytime soon.

But, I think there is a significant group of people who, if they new where
to get one, would choose an ET. Mine is a "tool and a toy" to me.  From my
work with classic cars, this is the typical evolutionary pattern.

Don

Don Barry
Infrastructure Manager, IT
Kirby Corporation