From: David Roden (Akron OH USA) [mailto:roden ald net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 1:43 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) new to group

On 11 Jun 2001, at 16:16, William V Albrecht wrote:

> It's almost unbelievable that this E15 can tow cars out of flood waters!!

A couple years ago, I used my E-15 to help get an electric car with dead
batteries (about 3400 lb, I'd guess) off the transport.  Then I towed it
about 1/4 mile down the road to my home, where the  transporter couldn't
travel.

Put these tractors in Low-low and just about the only pulling limitation
is getting the tires to bite into the surface.  Add an extra human body
on the back, a couple of extra batteries in the weight box, or on some
surfaces tire chains, and you usually will have the traction you need.

Try that with any other 30 year old lawn tractor and tell me how it does!

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1979 General Engines ElectroPed 24vdc
1974 Honda Civic EV 96vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all
thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.