(ET) HC05 Weeder/Cultivator Help Requested

I was in the garden today with the cultivator, and it just stopped.

(For those not familiar with this little gem, it plugs into the ET
accessory plug
(not the electric PTO plug), has about a 3 foot handle and two sets of
tines about
6 inches in diameter.  Marvellous for weeding between rows in the garden.)

This has happened on occasion before, when the unit has picked a small
rock and
jammed the tines.  This time, no rock.  Normally, there is about 5 degrees
play in
the rotation of the tines, this time locked solid.  I checked for blown
fuses,
visually everything is OK, and the rest of the tractor is operating
normally.

I have started the disassembly process, including the 7 screws that hold a
cover
plated over what I presume is the gear-train area between the hubs that
hold the
tines.  However, the plate does not appear to want to come off.  I don't
see any
obvious way to remove the hubs, and I don't want to brute-force the plate
with a
chisel if I can avoid it.  Unfortunately, I don't have any literature on
this
equipment.  So, has anyone else had some experience with this unit?  Any
ideas
regarding the removal of the hubs or the gearbox cover plate?

Darryl McMahon