(ET) meter

Morning, Larry, I'm assuming the meter was for the purpose of checking
batteries.  Unfortunately, there is no instruction sheet althought I
believe it is new.  On face is 4 figure digital readout (leds) and
"ECSA-3" Digital Voltmeter on label.  On back is a label with
instructions.  Range is listed as 5.75 - 19.99 VDC. It has a fixed probe
mounted to case marked (-) and a wired probe (red lead)   Instructions
say if (-) sign, either battery has reversed polarity or meter is
connected wrong, when the minus sign is displayed it gives no voltage
reading. A table lists 6.30/12.60 + 100% charge, 6.20/12.40 + 75%
charge, 6.10/12.20 + 50% charge and 6.00/12.00 = 25% charge.  The only
other thing oc case is a sticker marked 80-3 and JAPAN.  It is powred by
the battery being tested, looks like case is glued shut, no visible
screws for acess.

I believe it's for checking lead-acid batteries, reads within a .001
volt of my digital VOM which is not "Calibrated" so I'm taking Radio
Shack's word that it's right.  Both meters read 13.14 on my 12 volt
marine batteries in the JD after a charge but with no load.

wombat