(ET) Batteries sitting on concrete.

I agree with the chemistry symbols also.  There are three ways to take
care of batteries: the scientific way, the practical way, and the Navy
way.  But as for batteries sitting on concrete --what everyone has
missed so far is that the creep of sulfuric acid from the filler caps
down the side of the case will eventually, given enough time, ruin your
nice smooth concrete surface!  There's nothing like H2SO4 to to etch
concrete. (Did I remember that chemical designation correctly?)
--Waldo.