(ET) Trouble shooting help needed again

I have a 26AE12CA with front mower and used it today to mow. Everything
worked fine.
I finished mowing, stopped the blades, raised the mower and on my way back to
the garage, it died.  The lift moter still worked and the blades worked, but
no forward or reverse. I have the manuals from Bill Gunn and noticed there
are at least 7 tests to make (and probably more) when there is no forward or
reverse speeds.
Does this problem sound familiar, or should I start going through the
routine. I do know that the seat switch is working.
Help!!