Re: (ET) Mower motor bearings

Hi Steven,

Just to clear up what appears to be a misunderstanding, you use the heat
WITH a good puller. Heat alone won't do anything more than get it hot!
Sorry if I failed to make that clear. When one has been doing these
things for over 40 years I'm afraid one assumes too much and we all know
what that means.

Try to focus the heat just on the flange WHILE you are applying the
puller. I use the OTC brand in my work and they are solid. Grainger is
the place. I have the biggest as I work with large equipment but the
middle sizes should be fine. Mine is very heavy and can be awkward on
smaller items such as these.

Best, Jim