From: jim [mailto:fiskfarm mediaone net]
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2001 11:58 PM
To: KevinC927 aol com
Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Mower motor bearings

The method I show on my web site along with a healthy dose of heat from
a mapp or acetylene torch has always worked for me, (shame on your pro
shop!) If you heat the flange enough while the tension is on it, the
flange will expand away from the shaft and slide right off. A good coat
of Never Seize applied to both surfaces before reassembly will guarantee
you will never have this problem again.

Jim

Diagram of pulling method at: (bottom of the page)

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/fiskfarm/ET.Repair.Pictures.html