Re: (ET) other thing not designed for elec traks....

I put a little thought into the hydraulic thing while back.  I used to
have a
Citroen that ran everything on hydraulic power.  They had an accumulator
maintain pressure in the system.  Seems like you could rig something up
with
a pressure switch to turn the pump on when the pressure in the system
drops,
and off again when it is back up. The accumulator would help even it out.
The electric jack screw idea is good, but you would have to calculate if
it
is powerful enough, since 300 LB in the bucket would be a lot more where
the
screw would be mounted.  I would question whether the duty cycle of the
jack
screw would be appropriate for such an application, and whether dirt is
going
to be a problem.

Brad Fayette

"The geeks shall inherit the earth."