RE: (ET) Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:43:54 -0500

Randy,
        Thanks for the welcome. I thought everyone might like to hear the
story of my E15.
 My wife & I bought a new house in 1984 with 1.3 acres. My semi-retired
father-in-law was working for a Cub Cadet dealer who traded in an E15. He
wanted $350 for it. We didn't't know whether we needed a riding mower or a
push mower. A week later we decided to buy the E15.
 My father-in-law sad it was to late, the E15 was committed to auction. A
week later he shows up at our house with the E15. He bought it at the
auction for $260.
        All the connectors to the control board were corroded. I removed
the
connectors & soldered the wires to the board. It also needed batteries.
         Two years later we bought an E12 for parts for $100. We have
replaced the batteries twice. Once I tried three 12v batteries, which was a
mistake. We thought it was all over when my last spare mower motor died,
but
I found a place that would rebuild them.
My wife was ecstatic. A year later the charger stopped working. But again
my
wife was ecstatic because I replaced a rectifier diode in the charger. Our
mower deck is pretty beat, if anyone has one for sale. I would also be
interested in a snow thrower, chain saw, or snow blade.

                                                                Thanks,
                                                                Steve