(ET) E-15 from EBay is Home!

Hello All,

Well, Saturday I flew to Little Rock, Arkansas at 8 AM, then got a taxi
ride to the Exxon station that had my Ryder rental, then drove it the 150
miles to get the ET. After loading it up, drove it all back to Houston,
arrived 11:30 PM. Got it unloaded Sunday AM. 703 miles on the Ryder!

A 10' Ryder truck worked great. Used an aluminum ramp (for loading ATV's)
on the truck to get it off! Secured the ET with ratchet straps on each
corner. Roped everything else down.

Took some time this afternoon to do a quick survey of the new baby. I
pulled the batts out (all orginal batteries) - the plastic liners are all
intact. Apparently some of them leaked, as there is a small quarter-sized
rust hole on the front left side panel, right above where the front axel
joins the frame. There's also some rust (but not through) on the rear
compartment as well. Lots of white dust from battery stuff spilling. No
mice nests, just a few mud wasp homes.

The plastic part where the recharg power cord comes through (the dial) is
broken as well. Some rust on the from where the attachment for the tiller
slips in (it was still attached), and on the front leading edge of the
hood. Drivers seat was torn, the seat backrest was still in the plastic
wrap! Brakes work, transmission locks easily into every gear.

Next steps are more careful disassembly and cleaning. Looks like those
front side panels are secured with rivets, I'll have to drill them out to
get that on side panel off for repair.. I'll lead a patch over it, fill,
sand, and paint!

Anybody know a paint code that's a true match for the yellow paint?

AND I am in favor of a club, too!

Regards,

Don

Don Barry