(ET) Power usage

 - Greetings -

Having asked myself more than enough times how much current does the
E-20 really use for traction, I added a shunt and a mismatched meter
for which I had a correction factor.  All this means that I hoped for
a value within 10% of the real number.  Okay, dozer blade against a
bank and tranny in D1.  At the yellow/red boundary on the upper scale,
the reading converted to 100 A.

I would like to hear from others who have made similar measurements
or who have real facts.

The sudden voltage drop that Mark T. experienced when turning on the
"ignition" switch should be easy to find using a voltmeter.  Energizing
the controller and field does not take much current.  With switch on,
go wandering with the meter.  Check battery voltages first at the posts.
If all is normal, check post-to-post voltage on each cable - ideallly
0 V.  Keep going until something strange shows up.  It may be inside t
the control panel.

Keep on Traking,
                                        Rhett George