From: Elie, Larry (L.D.) [mailto:lelie ford com]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 8:26 AM
To: 'R. Barnes'
Subject: RE: (ET) Capacitor

Are you sure of that value?  I have found a tractor with a larger
value in it, and the value isn't on my schematic.  I asked
Bill Gunn once the rating and he said a higher number as well.
As far as the voltage, this cap only sees one side, the error
side if you will, of the primary.  The voltage is small unless
the transformer fails.

Part 2; this is an AC cap, not an electrolytic.  An AC will
literally 'wear out' and fail.  Boom.  A motor 'run' (NOT MOTOR
START!  you need a continuous duty model-- like a motor run) will
work, if the value is right.

Part 3; as I mentioned in an earlier post, if you remove one of
the leads to the cap and tape it, the charger will work fine
albeit at a higher current (i.e.; you will pay the utility more)
and still fully charge the tractor.

Larry Elie