RE: (ET) Rotary Inverter

At 08:50 AM 10/04/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Lee;
>Thanks for the reply.
>I have also been interested in building a front platform lift.
>Do you have any details on how you made yours ?
>
>Thanks;
>Dennis

>From Lee:

Hoo-boy!  I was afraid somebody would ask that!  I wish I was smart enough
to send a drawing!

OK!  This is for an E-15.  I hope this makes some sense.  It's all out of
wood.

Take off the mower.
You need two 2x4s that reach from the pin the mower arm attacts to, to a
foot or so beyond the front of the tractor.  These sit on edge on the
tractor frame, one on each side.  Drill a hole so it can fit over the end
of the mower bracket rod. Cut a piece of 1/2 or 3/4 plywood about 4 x 8.
Fasten it to the side of the 2x4 so it can fit over the pin that the mower
arm usually attaches to.  Then drill a hole in it for the pin.  If you've
followed me this far you can figure the rest.  Fasten a plywood platform to
the tops of the 2x4s at the front of the tractor.  Fasten some small
molding around the edges of the platform to hold the inverter in place.
And that's it.  When you want the mower, just pull the pins, lift off the
platform, etc.
I hope you can figure this out.  Of course I'm available for questions.

Come to think of it, this may not work with the mower lift motor on the
tractor.  I haven't used the lift motor for years, so I took it off.  I
can't remember if it would be in the way but I think probably it would.
I'll check this evening when I get home and report back.