Re: (ET) blown relay

Yeah, unluckly or clumsy.   actually I think there is something else wrong
and I haven't found it yet.  I do have a new varistor. I'll put that in
tomorrow.

we are planning on putting a 40amp 600volt (automotive type diode, I think)
across the armature, as close as we can get it to the motor.

I'm told when a diode blows it does so rather spectacularly??  Especially
one rated at 40 amps?

BTW I discovered (well all right someone showed me) how to take the points
out of the relay by simply unhooking the little spring and pulling the
point
"plate" out.  Makes dressing the points real easy.

dave