(ET) Re: transporting E-trak

All,

        The E12 is on the farm!  Thanks to all those with loading and
transporting suggestions.  Loading it in the Toyota van went very
smoothly.
I found a berm in the yard of an empty house 3 doors down.  Backed up to
it, put
down 4 2x8's and drove the E12 as up as I could, then got off and started
hook up the winch when I decided to run a little futher forward.  Standing
the side and rear of the machine I turned on the key and pushed the
throttle
forward took a step back and pressed down on the seat and in she went all
the
way on her own.  Unloading went just as smoothly except I had a solid ramp
made
of 2x6's nailed to two 4x6's which I propped up on cinder blocks to the
level of
the van's bumper and floor.  That way I didn't have to worry about the
wheels
pushing the boards off the bumper.

Now the bad news.  I blew the same fuse twice before finally welding the
reversing relay in the reverse position.  So while the tractor will move
it will
only move in reverse even when pushing the throttle forward.  I ran it
about 50
yards in this condition, in reverse, to get it into the barn.  Hope I
didn't
damage anything further!

Guess I've got some troubleshooting to do...  But hey the mower worked
great! I
mowed a small patch of 8 inch high blackberries.  Hit a small stump once or
twice...

dave barden