(ET) transporting E-trac.

It's time for me to get the E-trac to the farm.

All I have for transporting is a little Toyota van (1/2ton?).  I'm a little
concerned about the weight.  The E12s with batteries is what about 700
pounds?  If so it shouldn't be a problem.

It'll be a fairly tight fit and I won't be able to drive it up the ramps (2
2x8's).  Rather I plan to set my toolbox on the seat and steer while
walking
beside it with some twine around the throttle to shut it down once it is
in.  Or have someone positioned at the van's side door to reach in and
throttle it down.

has anyone done this?  I do have a come-a-long and with a little jury
rigging could find something in the van to hook to then winch it in.  But
I'm afraid I'd run out of room before I got the machine completely winched
up the ramp and into the van.

any other ideas? suggestions?

thanks,
    dave