From: Don Cohen [mailto:bond007d netsync net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 10:46 AM
To: harry landis; elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) battery charger controller

Hi group,
If you want the batteries to last more than a few years, you have to be
able
to apply an equalizing charge of 7-8 volts above the regular pack voltage
(43-44V) at least every month or two. If the batteries don't ever get to
gassing, stratification and sulfation will most likely kill them long
before
their time.
Don C.