RE: (ET) Chargers

If you suspect the capacitor, for about $4 you can just buy a new one and
replace it. Cheaper than buying a $60 capacitor checker. I bought a
replacement capacitor at ACE Hardware, it was in one of the gray boxes
marked motor capacitors. The replacement was shorter and had a lower
voltage
rating (like 350 volts instead of 800 volts). I mounted it with a block of
wood underneath as a spacer. It has been working fine ever since...

After I bought my cap I found a whole bunch of them at a local surplus
place
called Wacky Willies for $2 ea. These are 4uF 440VAC. These are a little
taller, but you would still need a spacer underneath. (Hey buyer's club,
want me to see if Wacky has any left?)

Rick Barnes
Aloha, OR  97006