(ET) Charger Tripping Breaker

My ET has developed an annoying new habit.  Once I plug it in to
charge it on a 15-amp circuit, with either no other load, or less than
2 amps of other loads, it will charge from about 1 to 5 minutes,
then trip the household circuit breaker.  I have done this on 2
different circuits, and they will both support charging my car, so I
have to suspect the charger on the ET.

So, before I plow into the service manual and tear the charger
apart, does this sound familiar to anyone?  What did you discover?
I think Larry wrote recently he has not yet acquired an ET with a
charger that was working correctly.  Should I dispense with this
charger and look for a 36-volt charger second-hand from a golf-cart
service place?  Time is rather precious just now, and charging
using a 12-volt deep-cycle charger is rather tiresome - having to go
through 3 charge cycles each time.

Darryl McMahon          48 Tarquin Crescent,
Econogics, Inc.         Nepean, Ontario K2H 8J8
 It's your planet.      Voice: (613)784-0655
 If you won't look      Fax:   (613)828-3199
 after it, who will?    http://www.econogics.com/